PETALS... super soft, super pretty.
Our guest designer is even more awesome!
Meet this cute girl Denise...
"Hi my name is Denise. I live in the great northwest state of Montana but I am originally a New England girl. I am 41-almost 42 years old. I have a motley crew of boys, step children, grandchildren and a husband who made me fall in love with him and move to Montana.
I have lots of boring jobs that pay the bills but the most important thing is I make stuff. Food, trouble, crafts, photos, messes.
My favorite fashion accessory is glitter in pockets.
I have a blog here. I also have a gallery here.
I have been living my youth over through the adventures of Kara and think that this blog is a whole lot of fun. The women here are amazing and I am so excited to be a quest this prompt!
So the challenge, Petals. A friend of mine was celebrating her 54th birthday and I was thinking how beautiful she is, inside and out. Women are so wonderful. Since I live in northwest montana there are no flowers yet but I wanted to make her something spring -like and pretty. I made a mini out of an old photo print album and used favorite quotes or 'petals' of wisdom. I hardly ever use flowers in my work and I am kinda obsessed now. This was a hard one to give up but I guess those are the best gifts.
Thanks so much for the chance to be here! I hope wherever you are spring is to."
Her lovely mini art:
Kara's layout:
Kimberly's self portrait and art journal page:
The winner from last time is Calia!! Email your info to Kara please:)Our sponsor this go round is "Such Sweet Tierney"!

Look at the awesome lovelies...

Happy creating!!!



9 comments:
i haven't been able to play in a bit but denise is my girl, so i'm in. something good for the weekend! yay! thanks for featuring her crazy rad work!
these projects are the most inspiring! love them so much. here's my layout I did for it this weekend!!!
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=169476&user_id=8887
thanks girls! brilliant job!
Great prompt! And I love my buttons, they went straight to my etsy favorites!
Here's mine: http://bare-rosavert.blogspot.com/2009/05/art-is-found-petals.html
Hey girlies, great Challenge, very season-appropriate! :) This layout combines the petal challenge and the grass challenge from last time (I was late getting it done.) TFL!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25034819@N05/3502787452/
Thank you to Dani for bringing me over here. These projects are beautiful, and while I'm usually a layout girl, this time is just a photo...you can see it here....
http://jessiscorner.blogspot.com/2009/05/petal-pushers.html
Great inspiration to use all those flowers in my stash! http://paperbackpirate.blogspot.com/2009/05/petals.html
Petals? Oh, now THIS screams spring time fun! This was a page from an art journal I've been working on. The picture is terrible but hopefully you can get the general idea! =)
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=171884&user_id=12392
Thanks!
Emily
Hi there,
Love the prompt, layouts + mini. Denise's links don't seem to work (blog + gallery). Can you add those or provide adresses?
Thanks so much!
Jen
paper art is by far my favorite thing right now! it makes for the cutest memory boxes or personalized gift boxes! i like this post a lot <_>
Post a Comment