Monday, March 17, 2008

Miss Rachel Denbow!

I'm so excited that the lovely, talented, sweet Rachel Guest Designed for the blog. If you haven't seen this lady yet, check her out!! I mean ch'lo? She used a doily in her mini album, now that's cool.


I was totally floored when I saw I her project, here's what she says about it:

I used hard plastic packaging, a vintage doily, a coffee warmer, a catalog cover, the inside of an envelope and product from my favorite companies to make my own transparent mini album about how much I love my family.I started it all around the size of the plastic packaging and then cut my pictures and papers down to measure about 3" x 6".


I organized the pages and added embellies and then hole punched and bound it with two metal rings. I used my favorite colors and patterns including greens, yellows, teals and that fabulous hounds tooth tape from SiStv.com. Once I finished my album, I constructed a cover to keep it safely held together.


I turned a Starbucks cup warmer inside out and measured it around the book. I taped it together from the middle and then laced it with embroidery thread for effect. I added some chipboard and plastic flowers from the last Red Velvet Kit and added my text. Another thing to try with plastic packaging is cutting out your own ghost shapes to add to LO's. Try layering flower or butterfly shapes on top of fabric or paper for a textured embellishment.It doesn't take much looking around the studio for leftover bits and pieces to make something pretty! Have fun with it.


Here is her awesome project:



Isn't it ridiculously awesome? Thanks Rachel! Check back next Monday for a new prompt and a Very awesome Guest Designer!

8 comments:

amytangerine said...

this is stunning and gorgeous and i LOVE it.

Jen said...

holy scrap-a-noly! i love this!

Christina C. said...

yay! that is crazy fabulous.
totally have to finish mine now!

Leigh-Ann said...

this kicks some butt.

Vee said...

i love it!!

alittlebitofscrap said...

It is very awesome! Love it :)

Karoline Sigoldson said...

Love your album! Cool!!!
:-)

jen geigley said...

wow, super duper cool