Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Prompt. 5-19-2008

Whew! May is flying by quickly, life is so crazy. Lovin' looking at all the awesome stuff from the bags prompt. Awesome stuff. If you ever make something with an older prompt, please share. I really LOVE looking at it, I love that it's inspiring people to be creative and share it. Woot, woot.


So, the next prompt is:

Records!!!


Old records are so cool and I love the nostalgic and vintage appeal they can add to your art projects. I picked up my 45's at a thrift store for 50 cents each. Lots of thrift stores have great assortments of some awesome records.



Feel free to use the cover or "mix it up" with the actual record. Rethink them. I'd love to see some awesome home decor type things. Give a tribute to some of your favorites oldies, or use it as a basis for a layout. Remember, you can make WHATEVER you want. ATC's, art journals, layouts, cards, home decor. Maybe try to make a funky purse, just create some ART.

And! I am so excited and thrilled to announce the lovely Guest Designer for our prompt. The very awesome and talented Tina Aszmus.



Since the beginning of the blog I've really wanted Tina to Guest Design. I am so honored that she agreed. Tina has a gorgeous, classy style. Thanks, Tina!

Her project is SO awesome. Here is what she has to say about it:


Here's what I made with your record challenge. I used 2 record covers that I've had for awhile for the front and back covers. The scrapbook is dedicated to my dad who was and still is an avid music collector. We often exchange mixed cd's of what music we're listening to at the moment. Music is something we always chat about.

AND, here it her project!

Gorgeous, right? Her work just makes me sigh. Awesome.

I took a similar route with my project. I used this awesome, old record. I kept the cover plain because I thought the "oldness" did it justice.

This mini is to keep a collection of my favorite song lyrics.

Song Lyrics Mini *The Art is Found*

Mini *The Art is Found*



I'm hoping to get to a layout sometime soon, so check back for that!

Thanks again to all who encourage and play along, it means so much to me!

Have a fabulous rest of May and check back in June for the next fantabulous prompt and Guest Designer! Woot.

8 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Wow, these projects are so stunning! Tina was definitely a great choice, I absolutely love her scrapping style. And your projects are fantastic as well, Kara! :)

Jen said...

i love Tina! You are right...her work just makes me sigh and swoon!!

jarispry said...

love thrift shopping and now records are definitely on my list! you come up with such unique and wonderful ideas! keep up the great work! i always look forward to reading (ooo-ing and ahhh-ing) your blog! ;o)

xo!

Rhi said...

i love tina's work.
and this prompt is fab!
*puts her thinking crown on*

Nessa said...

just discovered this blog thanks to sis!!! i'll take part for the next challenges :-)
added to my blog roll

Tina said...

your such a sweetie Kara! Thanks so much for inviting me here. The record prompt was certainly a challenge. :)

Sandy said...

i'm gonna get to work on this very soon - what a great inspiration!! bee back in touch soon!! can't wait to see what everyone does...

sandy

jen geigley said...

here's my vinyl record project ... better late than never, right?

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=110845&user_id=4997