Shopping Bags
You went on a shopping spree last time for the tags, now you can use your bags! Bags are super awesome, you have a lot to work with and they add such great texture. Rethink plastic bags. Go crazy and create ART. And, the Guest Designer for this prompt is the very lovely and awesome, Michelle Ramirez!!!!
Here is what Michelle had to say:Thrift store shopping is one of my favorite things to do and I use alot of my finds on my projects. I have an Olivia and Kyan who will show up in alot of my art. Married to a hunky and sweet Navy Pilot. Used to be a flight attendant. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love sunshine and anything having to do with Hawaii. Big earrings are my accessory of choice these days. Making mini books is the best. Inspired by flickr at the moment. snacking choice while creating something...Boston Baked Beans.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw her layout, it is fantastically gorgeous! Check it out!

I just LOVE all the sewing and the fun details. Thanks so much, Michelle for Guest Designing! Your work never fails to make me swoon.
Here is my project:
You can see more of the photos *here*
Okay, I used Forever 21 bags for the cover. I this tutorial, except I used freezer paper. I had good luck the first time 'round just peeling back the freezer paper, but the second time I tried it did not work so well. The 2nd time I just ran it under water for a few minutes and scratched the freezer paper off, I haven't had the chance to try parchment paper, but I think it'll work much better.
Anyhoo...
Thank you so much for the participation last time! Don't forget to check back on the 19th for a very fabulous prompt and Guest Designer. Have a great Monday!



12 comments:
love the way your mind works! gonna go get some plastic bags and fuse away! and maybe sew or paint or...LOL! cool, cool stuff...for an old lady ;)
I really want to try some of the plastic bagginess... but all I've got is paper. We'll work with it. :)
this was so much fun!!
you are one heck of a creative girlie.
Thanks for thinking of me to join in on the fun!!
Yay! I love mR and have never tried fusing plastic bags--I have a ton of them so I need to try it!
k...so i have already completed a lil sumthin, sumthin!
go to my blog and check it!
i will post @ flickr later...but right now i am in need of some snoozin!
tfl!
this is such a cool challenge. I probably keep my bags more than my tags and I adore Michelle so I'm definitly going to get to this one!
exciting! i have bags coming out of almost every closet! can't wait to put them to good use! thanks for the lovely ideas!
Thank you SO much for this GREAT challenge. I had a blast making a LO with a paperbag.
Uploaded it in my SIS-gallery here:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=95460&user_id=6031
and on my blog.
:)
omg here are my firsts entries in my Art is Found Book! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!
http://alifeincupcakes.blogspot.com/2008/05/start-for-art.html
Wow, I've just stumbled across your blog and I just love it. Love the inspiration,
Thankyou
Bronny :)
Wellll I got another page done! haha. Still catching up! One to go i think!
http://www.alifeincupcakes.blogspot.com/
Ok so I'm a little late, that's ok I wanted to share anyway! I totally loved the idea of fusing the plastic bags and used it to make a couple of pages for my mini album...it's on my blog
http://redmomscraps.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-weeks-challenge-is-up-at-get-your.html
Post a Comment