Hey, Kara here! And, bear with me, I am *this* close to violently attacking blogger. Watch out.
It's so pretty and fresh around here, no? I love checking in here and and admiring it. Thank you again, Mandi!
Let's see.... Can you believe June is halfish over? Yeah, I cannot. Allright, now to what you wannna see.
The new prompt is:
Magazine/Catalog Images!
This is a prompt I am super excited about. I LOVE working with catalog and magazine images. They add so much.
Use the actual picture as your picture for the page. Look out for fun patterns and textures to use like you would patterned paper. Find words and phrases that pop out to you and use them like titles. Use a whole page as a background.
All types of art are welcome. Minis, layout, ATC, art journalling, home decor, mixed media collage, paitning. Maybe frame a bunch of your fav magazine images. Maybe an ode to Johnny Depp. Whatever. :)
I am super excited to announce the Guest Designer for this prompt, the fabulous miss Amber Ulmer. Amber is SUPER sweet and she was so excited for the prompt, made me smile. Her artwork is beautiful and I was so glad to have her talent on the blog.
Here is her UH-mazing layout-

Beautiful and bright, no? Thanks, Amber!
Let's see.... Kimmie and Rhi are off globe trotting. Little jerks. ;) BUT, check back next prompt and we'll have everybody. Maybe. :)
A layout I made a few days ago, with a catalog picture.
And sometime I am going to get around to posting the mini I've been making. I can't get my act together and my room is in a state of mass chaos due to painting. It'll be up sometime soon. :)

Here is Mandi's (per usual!), frickin' awesome mini-







Awesome, right? Want it? ;) Mandi is giving this gorgeous mini off to our favorite "prompter". Make some ART, post it up, and get in the running for this pretty. So, get on it!
Don't forget to check back in on the 30th, for another prompt and prettiness! I LOVE this prompt, so excited!
Oh, and thank you all for the awesome participation last go-round! Awesome stuff!
EDITED: Here is my (Kara) mini! Finally uploaded. More can be seen on my SIS. Thanks!



39 comments:
ok, i am so on this one. cuz i find tons of inspo from mags!!
the hardest thing will be choosiiiiiing!! aw-yeah! :P
OMG i am in love with mandi's mini! so awesome. can't wait to get started on this prompt. great idea!!
i def. am in on this one! just got a bunch of great magazines tons of inspo. omg i love mandi's mini! so amazing!
hooray! magazines and catalogs are basically all i ever use! i will be doing this one.
awww snap.
this is right up my alley.
have i told you lately that I love this blog?
for real.
hey
great prompt
my mother tongue is french so I've some questions because
the picture must be a real picture or the picture from a magazine?
same question for the paper?
thanks for answering.....
DID it.........
a pleasure!!!!
you can find it here
http://retro-scrap.blogspot.com/
hope you'll love it
oooh, awesome!! love this idea, gonna try and get one done...promise...i've always wanted to do one of the challenges here! p.s. amber, if you read this your new pic is just too cute!
finished! you can see some of the pictures on my blog, and the rest on my flickr (just follow the link in the post).
hope you like it as much as i do
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=107164&user_id=7244
I've never done this before, so here is my entry.
I hope you like it!!
Oh I love it I love it! I'm going to try to make something tonight :-)
And might I add, I L.O.V.E. that mini Mandi did!!!
i had so much fun doing this.
using magazine images really brought me back to the days i used nothing BUT colorful stuff from InStyle, Vogue and other fashion mags for collages etc...thanks for the idea!
here's my mini-book: http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=107346&user_id=10970
hmm... i don't think that worked.
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.ph
p?layout_id=107346&user_id=10970
i'm mrsjvb on SIS if that helps =)
I love this prompt! Here's what I made. I also did a travel journal with a Toast catalog some time ago. You can see that one here.
here's mine friends!
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=107527&user_id=6649
i soooooooooooooooo loved this prompt.
thanks for the inspo :)
Here's mine....:)
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=107635&user_id=5580
Thanks you chickies for all your awesome inspo! Seriously.
Here is my
summer journal
Hey,
Awesome work, totally in love with this prompt. Um, here's my effort for the weekend, hoping to create a bit more over the week too.
http://roseeckford.typepad.com/rose_eckford/2008/06/direction.html
Thanks for looking.
I found a picture in the latest issue of my monthly magazine read and just had to play along - it kind of spoke to me.
I will upload it to your flickr group and you can find it also here:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2602179650_c66c15d06b_b.jpg
my flickr-username is zutaten.
By the way I love this blog and your work!
Nadine
This is such a great prompt! It's the first time I am playing with you. Thanks for having me. ;-)
Here's my page:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=108440&user_id=6770
eeek- loving this!
what an amazing team of girls. xoxo
here is mine... I actually have another page in mind as well, I just haven't gotten it done yet!
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=108697&user_id=1709
:)
danijohnston.typepad.com/dj
Here is mine- http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=108718&user_id=4649
just wondering when this is due.....i'm working on it, but want to make sure I don't miss the deadline. :)
ok...here's mine-
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=108989&user_id=12917
Hi, great challenge!!
My LO is on my blog!
www.audreyart.blogspot.com/
Thanx!
awesome challenge...here is my layout~
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=109327&user_id=319
Okay, this was an amazing challenge. I loved the entire process and it was freeing not to have to buy any products.
You can check out on my blog at
www.restofyesterday.blogspot.com
thanks for looking and thanks for this awesome challenge
brilliant inspo
LOVED the gathering of the goodies, and the fun of using MY new mini. Yep, just for ME!!!
(a first)
Yer-tiz:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=109397&imgid=1&user_id=138
okay, promise to get with the program... and to the mag LO!!
u got me going...
So inspiring. Here is mine
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=109426&user_id=1927
here is mine...finally.
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=109566&user_id=2261
deanna
what a beautiful and fun challenge!
here's mine:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=109669
i loved the idea and everyone else's art so much i was inspired to make two pages:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=109879&user_id=10894
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=109883&user_id=10894
hope you like em. i enjoyed making them. :)
Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!
Plus saving me some cash....I have so many magazines...it's works out so well form me.
Here's go my try at it.
http://cinnibonbon.blogspot.com/
thanks for inspiration.
here is mine : http://www.leselucubrationsdeseverine.com/article-20864300.html
Sorry ladies! I suppose I am late but I just discovered (thank you Rhi!) that the prompt fitted perfectly to one of my newest LO...I know it's not the proper way to do it but I finally decided to share it with you.
I promise I will come back more often now. The TAIF girls are one of my most favorite people ever!!! Thank you all, you are so talented! Love your work!
...
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=108415&user_id=11331
TFL!
Post a Comment